8 Tips for Selecting PM Software
You know that preventive maintenance of your equipment is essential and is one of the best ways to keep your production up and capital expenses down. However, it can be difficult to manage if you are not using powerful, advanced software to automate and optimize your PM process.
Here are 8 key things to look for when evaluating preventive maintenance software:
- Comprehensive – choose a solution that is robust enough to digitalize and streamline every aspect of your maintenance program including scheduling, electronic forms, notifications, asset tracking, vendor management, real-time monitoring, and executive reporting.
- Easy to use – should have a simple, intuitive graphical interface which makes it easy for users to learn and utilize, and for administrators to manage.
- Native Cloud – modern, native cloud solutions provide secure access for your users from anywhere or anytime with no software or hardware installation or IT support required. The software is maintained by the vendor and periodically refreshed with new capabilities.
- Connected – should be fast and easy to integrate with other systems and share critical data. Avoid solutions that keep your data from being shared, aggregated, and analyzed.
- Configurable – should be easily and quickly configurable to fit your exact information and workflow needs. Access, visibility, notifications, and approvals should all be tailorable to your unique needs.
- Compliant – should comply with all necessary regulatory requirements and simplify your in-person and remote audits with features like comprehensive audit trails and secure digital signatures. Life science companies should consider software that has been pre-validated to FDA standards.
- Scalable – the software should easily grow and scale to meet your future needs, allowing you to quickly and affordably add features, users, teams, assets, services, vendors, and sites.
- Extensible – increasingly, enterprises are looking to consolidate software systems to reduce cost and streamline operations. Consider choosing software that can be extended to do more than just preventive maintenance. There are numerous advantages to having a single system of record to manage your maintenance, calibration, assets, non-conformance management, use trace, etc.
SIMCO’s CERDAAC software is an advanced PM management solution which includes all the important capabilities listed above. CERDAAC is a proven solution that is used by many of the world’s leading manufacturers to automate their preventative maintenance, calibration, and other key quality and manufacturing support tasks.